Want to host an event at Partisan? Complete our online booking form.
By purchasing tickets to Partisan events you agree to our Ticketing Terms & Conditions.
Partisan is back open in our new space in Salford! Check out the contact us page for transport and access news.
- This event has passed.
Partisan: DIY Music Social & Open Mic!
28th April 2018 @ 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Want to meet more musical people? Find future band members?? Or just fancy meeting like-minded people???
Come to our first DIY music social/networking/hang out (what do you call this we don’t know), whether you’re a well-weathered DIY veteran or have been thinking about making some noise somehow maybe. You’re also free to chill out with a book or in our new games corner as well. We’ll also have a mini café of savoury and sweet foods (with lots of vegan options!).
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested and a part of the local DIY community and beyond to check out Partisan, hear what we’re all about and find out how to get involved. We really want to reach the right people and make sure that when we have a full licence we can become more of a DIY venue (unfortunately until then we’re pretty limited in the gigs and stuff we can put on).
We’ve got a buncha things happening to make this a good fun!
– Mixtape swap: Bring some tunes on a CD or on a USB stick, leave it on a table and pick up someone else’s!
– PartiZine – we’ll be making a zine with our Riso Printer to share on the day, so come talk about the local scene, make recommendations, get a band wanted ad in!
– Got a poster or ad? Come stick it on our noticeboard!
– Manchester Sound Women Network: Taking inspiration from theYorkshire Sound Women Network a couple of members are hoping to set up a Manchester group – More details coming soon
– From 7:30, we’ll be having an open mic acoustic night where anyone can play a few tunes of their choice. Whack an email to events@partisancollective.
So come along, meet like-minded people and make friends and connections!
We’re working on getting Partisan physically accessible (it’s a slow process but it’s steadily happening in the background as fast as it can!), but it isn’t at the moment. There’ll be a quiet room available and there’s plenty of seating around. If you have any additional access needs please send us an email!
- 28th April 2018
4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Event Category:
July 16 @ 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm