FATTY ACID is the brand new in-house LGBTQIA+ night at Partisan! For trans and queer folks, and their friends.
Come down for a full night of big queer activities. Expect:
– Make up station and dressing room
– Speed friending
– Queer Craft Club
– Art! Performance! Drag!
– DJs till late: pop / indie / RnB / bangers
Running over two floors, with iconoclastic queer performance and DJs downstairs, and a relaxed social space upstairs (so you don’t have to huddle out in the smoking area in the middle of November to chat to your new best friend)
We’re so excited to have this Manchester drag LEGEND hosting the performance section of the night. She’s been everywhere, she’s a star, we love her.
Candice AKA Jumeau has performed with queer superstars Mykki Blanco and Big Freedia, and is one half of Brighton/London queer women’s night, Gal Pals. Expect queer pop party anthems, wildcards and deep cuts that make you wanna move. If you’re not dancing, you’re not paying attention
PLUS more DJs and performance acts TBA. If you’re a LBGTQIA+ performer who works in drag, comedy, or performance art and would like to be involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
MAKE UP STATION + DRESSING ROOM
No time to head home and get your glad-rags on? Or feel safer waiting to get to the party to dress how you want to? We’ll have a dressing up station – with some private booths (forget awkwardly changing clothes in the loos), and a make-up station, for beautiful creatures of all genders.
*We’re looking for donations of make-up, so people on any budget can have access to it
*Do you love giving make-up lessons or painting nails? Get in touch if you’d like to volunteer
M(.)ist Collective brings us some all-genders speed friending to start the evening, more details to come soon…
Moist is a Manchester based queer women’s art collective
QUEER CRAFT CLUB
Queer Craft Club is a monthly social at Partisan, which will be bringing communal zine making and other relaxing crafty activities to chat over, transforming the first floor into a quiet cosy queer space.
Tickets are as follows:
- £10 – Solidarity ticket. If you can afford to, buy this ticket to support our fund of free tickets to those who need it, and our taxi fund for trans women of colour.
- £5 – Standard non-member ticket
- £3 – Standard members ticket (all attendees must have an active membership)
- Free ticket – we have a limited amount of free tickets for those who need them. These are for LGBTQIA+ people – especially those who are trans, people of colour, disabled, or unemployed. This is based on trust, so if you can afford to pay, please buy a ticket.
- Free ticket for a PA – if you are a disabled person who would benefit from the company of a personal assistant, please add this along with your full priced ticket so you may have a person to accompany you. We are not yet wheelchair accessible, see full accessibility information here.
If you’d like to donate to our solidarity fund without receiving a ticket, please click here. Donations are gratefully received and will allow us to release more free tickets to those who need them, and will go towards a taxi fund for trans women of colour
Tickets will go off-sale at 6pm on the evening of the event.