Partisan Collective relies on members to help finance itself. Our membership tiers are a sliding scale based on how financial comfortable you are and your ability to give.
As a Community Member of Partisan Collective you’re helping give what you can afford to a non-profit social community space with radical values. We really appreciate your support and wish to reward that with some perks.
Community Membership Agreement
Rights of Partisan Community Members
- You can attend Partisan ‘member only’ events and get discounts at the bar. As well as discounts on tickets for all Partisan run events.
- You will have a consultation role in deciding how Partisan is run, through surveys and during AGM’s. Although neither feedback option will be binding, the Partisan Cooperative will be expected to take any suggestions, concerns and complaints on board.
- You can attend AGM’s but do not have the voting rights of Cooperative Members
- You can swap to a cooperative membership at any time given you agree to the cooperative members agreement.
- You can withdraw your membership at any time after giving 30 days’ notice
Expectations of Partisan Community Members
- To sign and adhere to the values agreement.
- To pay what you can afford for your membership
We value acceptance and equality which means no discrimination of any kind
We value respect towards one another and wish to create a safe space for all our members, so abusive language towards others is not acceptable
We value consent, therefor unwanted attention of any kind is not tolerated
We wish to create a safe space for the LGBTQIA+ community, therefor respecting pronouns is essential
By signing up for membership you are also agreeing to adhere to the cooperative members agreement and values statement outlined above
Want to get involved as a volunteer? Once you’ve signed up, you’ll get an email from us saying ‘Your Partisan order is now complete’, which contains everything you need to know to get started.
This membership option is to pay for membership monthly by Direct Debit or card. Your first month is prorated, and monthly renewals are charged on the 27th of the month.
Click here if you would prefer to pay annually instead (starts from £10 a year).
For Cooperative Membership click here
If you would like to become a Partisan member but are unable to pay membership fees, please get in touch with us at email@example.com and we will do our best to help.
Please choose the tier that fits you best:
– I am able to meet my basic needs* but I actively have to think about meeting them in the most affordable ways I can. I have small, varying amounts of expendable income** which means budgeting is often a big source of stress. I need to live in the cheapest place available to me and I struggle to afford any holidays/trips away.
– My lack of savings, family support, and inherited wealth (currently and in the future) means that I worry about my future financial situation.
£5 / month
– I need to keep an eye on my expandable income spending, which can be a source of concern, but I’m able to consider the desirability of where I live in my accommodations choices and can afford a holiday/s or trips away each year.
– My modest savings, family support, and inherited wealth (currently and in the future) gives me a small safety net if I ever needed it. This means I don’t often feel stressed about my financial future.
£10 / month
– Spending my expendable income doesn’t cause me regular concern or stress, and I can do so in ways that bring me satisfaction. I rent a desirable property or own my own home, and get to go on holidays/trips away a few times a year.
– I have either sizeable savings, family support if need be, or inherited wealth (or I stand to inherit money/part of a house in the future). This means I don’t worry about any debt I have, or my financial future. I feel secure.
(*BASIC NEEDS include food, housing, clothing, and transportation. **EXPENDABLE INCOME might mean you are able to buy coffee or tea at a shop, go to the cinema or a concert, buy new clothes, books and similar items each month, etc.)(We’d like to acknowledge that our tier system is based on the ticketing system used by the Scottish Queer International Film Festival.)