Partisan has four spaces available for hire in our two-storey venue, located just a five-minute walk from Victoria Station in central Manchester.
As well as securing a great space for your event, your booking will be helping support a socially responsible community project. We’re not-for-profit, and every penny is put back into running and improving Partisan for the community good.
You can hire Partisan for talks and discussions, private meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops and classes, pop up shops, cafés, markets, location filming and photography, acoustic (non-amplified) performances, production/theatre rehearsals and performances, and film screenings.
Our bars and events are run by volunteers. Our volunteers believe in Partisan and are giving up their time for free. Everyone in the venue is required to be respectful at all times. We are in the process of developing our own safer spaces policy, which includes respecting everyone regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability or race. In the meantime we follow guidance developed by DIY Space for London. This creates a supportive, open and friendly environment for events which may often be considered radical or marginal.
- Self-serve tea and coffee making facilities (additional fees may apply)
- Projector, basic PA, whiteboards and flipcharts (additional fees may apply)
- High speed 5G internet
- On-site assistance
- Access to our community and political resource library
- In-house and online promotion as relevant: we have a reach of over 1000 members and more than 10,000 followers across our social media platforms
To book space at Partisan, contact us via one of the following forms:
- Standard booking enquiries
- Booking enquiries – applications for reduced fees, available for members only.
- Licensed event proposals – as we currently do not have a full premise license, we can only run a limited number of events with licensable activities. These include the sale of alcohol and regulated entertainment (including live amplified music).
- Community events programme – coming soon, information on how to partner with Partisan, and how we can provide you with free space for your community event.
Space at Partisan
Basement venue – click here for more information
First floor – click here for more information
Private meeting room – click here for more information
Art nook – click here for more information