Partisan needs your support
Our first 6 months at 19 Cheetham Hill Road have been really great. With the help of our wonderful volunteers we’ve transformed two junk-filled floors into a community arts and social space, housing a basement venue, two bars, offices, and more. We’ve hosted DIY gigs, club nights, arts festivals, community and social justice group meetings, talks and debates, music and art workshops and much more. We want to continue doing good work and keep getting better.
This is our current situation: it is taking longer than we initially anticipated to apply for our change of use, listed building consent, and a full premise licence. This is a long and expensive process, and is needed before we can make the building wheelchair accessible. We’re also limited on the amounts of licensable events we can have until we have a full license.
We are working with a supportive architect to help get this done but in the mean time, this means we’re having to survive on less revenue than we ideally need month-to-month. That means your support is so important during this period.
Here’s how you can help:
- If you haven’t already, sign up as a member. Membership is sliding scale, and directly supports us financially. In return you’ll have a say in how Partisan is run, you’ll be able to hire the space, receive our monthly newsletter, and get cheaper drinks prices at our bar.
- Get involved with one of our working groups (especially finance and fundraising), or sign up for one-off volunteering call outs.
- Send us any leads for funding we could apply for – especially for works to make buildings accessible. We want to build ramps, accessible toilets, a lift, and a viewing platform.
- Give a monetary donation – either online or in one of our donation boxes at an event.
- Have a look at our wishlist, and see if there’s anything you have that we need, and that you’d be willing to donate to us.
- Throw a fundraiser for us! Chat to other members to organise something as a group; Tell us about it and we’ll support all we can.
- Tell your friends about us, and get them to sign up to be members too!